
We made it to the Rock! We were supposed to take the 9:30 tour however we sat it traffic for 3 1/2 hours to travel only 50 miles so we ended up taking the 11:00. Traffic here makes NYC seem like a breeze! The tour was awesome, it seemed surreal to be in a prison especially this one. We took a 45 minute audio walking tour were we had our own headphones and were each able to explore at our own pace. What I thought was amazing was that on average there was only 260 inmate at a time on the island. That seems pretty small to me.
After the rock we ate a the Fog City Dinner which turned out to be the fancist dinner we have ever seen. We then went to the SF Ferry Terminal which is this awesome building that was redone and has all types of gourmet stores throughout. You can definitly see the chinese influence in many of the buildings. Some of the detailed plaster work is unbelievable.
We had dinner at Le Colonal which is a Vietnamese and French fusion restaurant which was amazing. We couldn't believe how busy it was for a Wednesday.
During the day we saw hundreds of coffee shops so after dinner we figured that we would get coffee before heading home. Well that was a mistake the entire city of SF rolls up the sides walks at 8:00 on weekdays. There was absolutly nothing open. We ended up getting coffee across the GG Bridge from McDonalds!
I used to think that people were being snuddy in the way they talked about NYC being the best; well I think I am finding myself in that camp. I have yet to find a city that compares to New York.

No comments:
Post a Comment